Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of the Phi Kappa Phi community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to post discussions, shared files and content that are relevant to the community. This is a great platform to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions can be directed to our Member Engagement Director via the Contact Us link.
Please take a moment to review these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate access of anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others.
- Discussions are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial or marketing messages in the community. Messages containing information meant to market or promote services or products will be removed immediately.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in the community is available for all members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal content is strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce content unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your content only to the most appropriate discussions or libraries. Do not spam several discussions or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Your name and chapter affiliation are automatically assigned to each message you post, and we ask that you include a signature on all posts.
- When starting a new discussion, please state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the community by subject.
- When replying to an existing discussion, please include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Only reply to an existing discussion thread when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as, "thank you for the information" or "me, too", to individuals by clicking the Reply to Sender button to the left of every post. Do not post these messages to the discussion thread—they will be removed.
- Do not post administrative messages such as, "remove me from the list", to discussion threads. Instead, visit your community profile to change your privacy settings, edit your email preferences or remove yourself from specific communities.
The Legal Stuff
The community is provided as a benefit to active Phi Kappa Phi members. The Society is not responsible for the opinions and information posted in the community by members. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted in the community, whether posted by Phi Kappa Phi or any member. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Phi Kappa Phi be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal content. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Phi Kappa Phi and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Phi Kappa Phi does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Phi Kappa Phi we will take all appropriate action.
Phi Kappa Phi reserves the right to terminate access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates and partners) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us link.